Southernmost Homeless Assistance League
Position Title: City of Key West / SHAL Executive Director
Reports To: SHAL Chair
Supervises: All Staff
The Southernmost Homeless Assistance League (SHAL) Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of SHAL, the emergency shelter and the outreach program. In this capacity, the Executive Director is responsible for managing, and regularly updating the SHAL Chair and Board of Directors, on the following job duties, including but not limited to:
- Income, expense and budget management. The Budget is used to oversee and manage operation expenses in line with the approved budget. Proposed deviations to the budget are presented in advance for approval.
- Grant writing, grant reports, and contracts management.
- Development and implementation of a strategic plan
- Quality and accuracy of all data, including Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). Data is managed in a timely fashion to effectively monitor operations to understand client needs and develop plans to assist clients.
Programming and Deliverables
- Client development including transition into employment and housing.
- Social and therapeutic programming is delivered to clients in an organized and systematic fashion that leverages community resources while addressing the needs of the clients.
- Implementation and monitoring of all programming and reporting. The impact of the programming is monitored and adjusted on an ongoing basis to ensure increasing program value and client support.
- Hires, develops and manages staff as necessary. Ensure staff development plans exist for all staff. A file with their resume, goals, and performance reviews is used to develop plans for their development.
- Day-to-day oversight of case management function and Keys Overnight Temporary Shelter (KOTS) staffing.
Community Education and Community Liaison
- Maintain and develop our relationship with the City of Key West by
- Representation of SHAL on Monroe County Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC) and other organizations as appropriate.
- Education of the community, in partnership with the Chair, about SHAL, on issues of homelessness and client needs.
- Must have a 4 year college degree.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication and ability to use computer.
- Must be capable of working well with others, being a team player and demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Must meet all local, state and federal employment regulations, background check, pass pre-and post-employment physical/drug exams as required.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job with reasonable accommodations.
- Must possess a valid Florida State driver’s license and have a vehicle for business use.